If so, then this role is for you!
We are looking for an innovative individual that has a keen eye for detail and a creative design flare. This hybrid role will suit someone that is passionate about UX and can build interactive experiences using tools such as Pixi.js.
You will be working on all of our web applications that we offer primarily focusing on building gamified psychometric assessments using web tech, targeted for both desktop & mobile users.
You will be required to make sure that assessments work in a consistent & performant way on all the supported devices / platforms, are secure & have a modern look & feel, making sure the UX is as good as possible.
What else will you be involved in:
- Developing assessment using libraries such as Pixi.js
- Developing hybrid apps using React & Iconic
- Writing unit & end-to-end tests
- Some CSS development
- Internal code reviews
- Analysis and specification of requirements with an emphasis on increasing value and usability for customers
- Focusing on user experience in addition to functionality
The Must Haves:
- Experience writing interactive experiences / games / immersive websites (Pixi, Flash/Flex, Silverlight, pure HTML 5 Canvas apps, Phaser)
- Experience building hybrid apps using Ionic/Cordova/ReactNative etc or PWAs or mobile first websites
- Some previous experience using React or a similar framework (Angular 2+, Vue)
- Very high attention to (visual) details
- CSS skills. Experience with building responsive layouts
- The ability to resolve complex problems in innovative and user-friendly ways
- The ability to identify bottlenecks and bugs
- Collaboratively devise solutions to these problems
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Personal impact & resilience
- A real passion for software development
- Client focus & ability to deliver excellent results
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative and professional manner
- Commercial awareness
The Nice To Haves:
- Photoshop/Illustrator/Sketch skills
- An understanding of Agile Software Development
- An understanding of API design & basic understanding of backend & database technologies
- Hands-on experience in building and expanding distributed, highly available, secure and scalable web applications.
- Experience in working in an agile team
- Experience in building mobile first web apps
- Experience in building Progressive Web Apps
Here's what we offer:
- A community-driven and relaxed work culture, which you'll fit right into. Part of this includes a regular games night and social events
- A chance to work with a standout and disruptive product, within an exciting tech stack
- A voice in your team where you can be heard and have a direct influence on how we create our products
- Core working hours that allow flexibility for when life happens
- A central location that's easy to commute to
- One day per month as an "Own Day" where you get to work on a novel project of your choosing
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexibility to work from home on a weekly basis
- 2 mental wellbeing days
- A dynamic working office in WeWork, where you can shut out the world with your headphones on or revel in the cosy co-working spaces
- Free breakfast on Mondays, onsite barista and bar, and weekly events and talks where you can learn from other local businesses
At Arctic Shores, giving people a fair chance is what we do, that's why we take equal opportunities seriously. We welcome people of any background, gender identification, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, ability-level, age, size, marital status, style or music taste!
If we sound like the kind of place you’d like to work, apply below or get in touch with Jess, firstname.lastname@example.org.