Would you like to work on exciting greenfield projects using pure, principled functional Scala, specifically CATS, HTTP4s, ScalaCheck, Kubernetes and AWS? Are you interested in developing your cross-functional technical skills? Would you like to work for one of Manchester’s fastest growing software companies? If, yes, then read on as this unique opportunity won’t be available for long…
Who we are:
We're an innovative and fast-growing psychometric tech business; our solutions combine neuroscience, artificial intelligence and game technology that aim to disrupt the candidate selection process. We process large amounts of data from the behavioural assessments we develop and then put it all through our analytics engines to derive insights into personality traits and behaviours.
As a company, we believe technology will underpin everything we do in the future and our goal is to hire strong engineers to help us develop the platforms that will integrate our continually growing game data, with the behavioural models our psychologists are developing - all at scale!
As our cross functional developer, you will be helping build and develop our globally scalable systems that handle all our internet traffic and also serve as the backbone of our machine learning analytics environments. You will have the opportunity to work on a Greenfield project using Scala, AWS and Kubernetes, as well as using functional programming techniques for both application and infrastructure code, specifically Cats, http4s, ScalaCheck and specs2 amongst others, all within an Agile environment, following XP Principles.
What you need to know about us, in a nutshell:
- We do not have specialists here. There are no developers, architects and dev-ops at Arctic Shores - everybody is a cross functional-engineer and is expected to understand all aspects of building solid production systems at scale.
- We believe in automation first - nothing is rolled out here unless it is fully automated.
- We believe in egoless programming - everybody is an equal and we value learning from and helping each other. We enjoy solving hard problems, but we recognise we cannot do so as individuals.
- You’ll be joining a high-growth and creative business that is expected to double in size over the next year, including further international expansion. We have a highly engaged team who are passionate about what they do.
What we would expect from you:
- You have a good engineering mindset - you know how to build robust scalable software systems and are not afraid to design and build systems from scratch.
- You have developed depth and breadth in your technical knowledge - you can move from building RESTful services to architecting low level network features to configuring security to implementing fully automated CI pipelines.
- You genuinely enjoy working as part of a team and respect your colleagues.
- You are prepared to listen, but you are also happy to take the initiative and demonstrate by example.
Here's what else you get:
- A community-driven and relaxed work culture, which you'll fit right into. Part of this includes a regular games night and social events.
- A chance to work with a standout and disruptive product, within an exciting tech stack.
- A voice in your team where you can be heard and have a direct influence on how we create our products.
- Competitive salary ranging from £50,000-£60,000 depending on experience.
- Core working hours that allow flexibility for when life happens.
- A central location that's easy to commute to.
- One day per month as an "Own Day" where you get to work on a novel project of your choosing.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- A dynamic working office in WeWork, where you can shut out the world with your headphones on or revel in the cosy co-working spaces.
- Free breakfast on Mondays, onsite barista and bar, and weekly events and talks where you can learn from other local businesses.
At Arctic Shores, giving people a fair chance is what we do, that's why we take equal opportunities seriously. We welcome people of any background, gender identification, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, ability-level, age, size, marital status, style or music taste!
If we sound like the kind of place you’d like to work, apply below or get in touch with Jess, she's our Talent Acquisition Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.