What we're after and how you'd fit in:
We're looking for software developers proficient in Python and Django to help us build our globally distributed massively scalable systems that will handle all our internet traffic from our assessments and serve as the backbone of our machine learning analytics environments. We process large amounts of data from our behaviour-based assessments and then put it all through our analytics engines to derive insights into personality traits and behaviours.
As our product and reach grows, we need someone to help take our products, and by extension, our engineering, to the next level.
- You have a good engineering mindset - you know how to build robust scalable software systems and love solving complex problems as part of a team.
- You are proficient in writing pure Python code as well as working with the Django web framework.
- You are comfortable with writing high-quality maintainable code, Linux system management, and database management and design, for scalable, high-availability web applications.
- You genuinely enjoy working as part of a team and respect your colleagues. You are prepared to listen but you are also happy to take the initiative and demonstrate by example
Here is what you need to know about us in a nutshell:
- We're a psychometrics company with a breakthrough product looking to disrupt the HR industry.
- Our passion is helping people, and companies, to make more objective, informed and unbiased decisions when it comes to career moves and hiring.
- We achieve this with our behaviour-based assessments and in-house team of psychologists, data scientists and engineers all working together.
- We believe in automation first - nothing is rolled out here unless it is fully automated.
- We believe in egoless programming - everybody is equal and we value learning from and helping each other. We enjoy solving hard problems but we recognise we cannot do so as individuals.
Here's what else you get:
- £450 per day for a 6-month contract.
- A community-driven and relaxed work culture, which you'll fit right into. Part of this includes a regular games night and social events.
- A chance to work with a standout and disruptive product, within an exciting tech stack.
- A voice in your team where you can be heard and have a direct influence on how we create our products.
- Working hours can are flexible to life outside of work.
- A central location that's easy to commute to.
- Flexibility to work from home on a weekly basis
- 2 mental wellbeing days
- A dynamic working office in WeWork, where you can shut out the world with your headphones on or revel in the cosy co-working spaces.
- Free breakfast on Mondays, onsite barista and bar, and weekly events and talks where you can learn from other local businesses.
At Arctic Shores, giving people a fair chance is what we do, that's why we take equal opportunities seriously. We welcome people of any background, gender identification, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, ability-level, age, size, marital status, style or music taste!
If we sound like the kind of place you’d like to work, apply below or get in touch with Jess, she's our Talent Acquisition Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.