Python Software Engineer (Contract)
Server Development - Manchester
We're looking for software engineers proficient in Python and Django to help us extend our client facing systems which serve as the backbone for candidate management and analytics environments, and to extend our 3rd party integrations.
At Arctic Shores, we process large amounts of data from the behavioural assessments we develop and then put it all through our analytics engines to derive insights into personality traits and behaviours.
Our team of research psychologists are at the cutting edge of what is possible and are always looking to push the envelope. We believe technology will underpin everything we do in future and are looking to hire strong engineers to help us develop the platforms that will integrate our continually growing game data with the behavioural models our psychologists are developing - all at scale!
Here is what you need to know about us in a nutshell:
- We believe in automation first - nothing is rolled out here unless it is fully automated.
- We believe in egoless programming - everybody is equal and we value learning from and helping each other. We enjoy solving hard problems but we recognise we cannot do so as individuals.
If this sounds like the kind of place you would want to work, have a look at what we would expect from you:
- You have a good engineering mindset - you know how to build robust scalable software systems and love solving complex problems as part of a team.
- You are proficient in writing pure Python code as well as working with the Django web framework.
- You are comfortable with writing high-quality maintainable code, Linux system management, and database management and design, for scalable, high-availability web applications.
- You have a good understanding of code versioning tools, unit testing, code review, and an agile methodology.
- You genuinely enjoy working as part of a team and respect your colleagues. You are prepared to listen but you are also happy to take the initiative and demonstrate by example.
Still interested? Here is what we can offer you in return:
- £450 per day for a 6-month contract
- A collaborative, supportive and fun work culture
- Hackathons" where we hack collectively on a project
- Regular games night and other social events
- The flexibility of core working hours (10am-4pm)
- Benefits of working at WeWork in Manchester! Including free breakfast on Mondays, onsite barista and bar, and weekly social and networking events
If we sound like the kind of place you’d like to work, apply below or get in touch with Jodie, she's our Talent Partner at Jodie.Haywood@arcticshores.com.