What we're after and how you'd fit in:
We're looking for software developers proficient in Python and Django to help us build our globally distributed massively scalable systems that will handle all our internet traffic and serve as the backbone of our machine learning analytics environments.
As our product and reach grows, we need someone to help take our products, and by extension, our engineering, to the next level.
- You have a good engineering mindset - you know how to build robust scalable software systems and love solving complex problems as part of a team.
- You are proficient in writing pure Python code as well as working with the Django web framework.
- You are comfortable with writing high-quality maintainable code, Linux system management, and database management and design, for scalable, high-availability web applications.
- You genuinely enjoy working as part of a team and respect your colleagues. You are prepared to listen but you are also happy to take the initiative and demonstrate by example
Who we are:
We're a psychometrics company with a breakthrough product looking to disrupt the HR industry. Our passion is helping people, and companies, to make more objective, informed and unbiased decisions when it comes to career moves and hiring. We achieve this with our behaviour-based assessments and in-house team of psychologists, data scientists and engineers all working together.
Our team of research psychologists are at the cutting edge of what is possible and are always looking to push the envelope. We believe technology underpins everything we do and we're looking to hire strong engineers to help us develop the platforms that will integrate our continually growing game data with the behavioural models our psychologists are developing - all at scale!
And now we need you - do you think you have what it takes?
Here is what you need to know in a nutshell:
- We process large amounts of data from the behaviour-based assessments and then put it all through our analytics engines to derive insights into personality traits and behaviours.
- We do not have specialists here. There are no developers, architects and dev ops at Arctic Shores - everybody is an engineer and expected to understand all aspects of building solid production systems at scale.
- We believe in automation first - nothing is rolled out here unless it is fully automated.
- We believe in egoless programming - everybody is equal and we value learning from and helping each other. We enjoy solving hard problems but we recognise we cannot do so as individuals.
Here's what else you get:
- A community-driven and relaxed work culture, which you'll fit right into. Part of this includes a regular games night and social events.
- A chance to work with a standout and disruptive product, within an exciting tech stack.
- A voice in your team where you can be heard and have a direct influence on how we create our products.
- Competitive salary ranging from £50,000-£60,000 depending on experience.
- Core working hours that allow flexibility when life happens.
- A central location that's easy to commute to.
- One day per month as an "Own Day" where you get to work on a novel project of your choosing.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- A dynamic working office in WeWork, where you can shut out the world with your headphones on or revel in the cosy co-working spaces.
- Free breakfast on Mondays, onsite barista and bar, and weekly events and talks where you can learn from other local businesses.
At Arctic Shores, giving people a fair chance is what we do, that's why we take equal opportunities seriously. We welcome people of any background, gender identification, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, ability-level, age, size, marital status, style or music taste!
If we sound like the kind of place you’d like to work, apply below or get in touch with Jess, she's our Talent Acquisition Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.