Arctic Shores are looking for a Lead App Programmer to help us maintain, update and iterate on our app catalogue: the systems that to date, have helped give career guidance to well over 500,000 users.
At Arctic Shores we take pride in our products and value the psychometrics above all else. This means how our applications work, how well they’re designed and what effect this has on the user, are all paramount to us doing what we do best, and hence, is an integral part of this role and company.
Our team of research psychologists are at the cutting edge of what is possible and are always looking to push the envelope. This role sees app programmers working alongside the research team, going from a barebones psychometric specification, to a living, breathing application for the world to see.
We believe technology will underpin everything we do in future and are looking to hire strong programmers to help us develop a rich and engaging user experience, taking into account best practices for psychometric design, good programming principles and an agile workflow.
Here is what you need to know about us in a nutshell:
- We take immense pride in our products and hold everything to a rigorous standard of design
- We value our tech stack: constantly evaluating whether we can be doing things more effectively or with better tools
- We write high quality and efficient C# code in the Unity engine
- We enjoy solving hard problems but we recognise we cannot do so as individuals
- All voices are equal: everyone gets a say on all aspects of our apps
- We work in a multi-disciplinary team made up of artists, programmers, QA and designers
- We solve problems across a wide range of domains, spanning multiple platforms, technologies, languages and disciplines
- We value attention to detail, flexible attitudes and the ability to get things done
If this sounds like the kind of place you would want to work at have a look at what we would expect from you:
- You are bright, motivated and really passionate about building good software. You really care about what you do during your work hours.
- You have a good engineering mindset - you know how to build and design well architected applications, whilst always having the user and business case in mind
- You have multiple years of commercial programming experience in C#, good working knowledge of other programming languages, problem solving and general programming concepts
- You have strong experience shipping professional applications for iOS, Android, Mac and Windows using the Unity game development platform from start to finish
- You have developed depth and breadth in your technical knowledge and are comfortable working with any part of a mobile development tech stack
- You genuinely enjoy working as part of a team and respect your colleagues. You are prepared to listen but you are also happy to take the initiative and demonstrate by example
- You’re a strong communicator with a keen eye for detail, who has experience mentoring and leading.
Still interested? Here is what we can offer you in return:
- A collaborative, supportive and fun work culture
- A unique, and disruptive product with an exciting tech stack
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- A workplace pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Hackathons where we hack collectively on a project
- One day per month as an "Own Day"; where we each get to work on a novel work related project of your choosing!
- Regular games night and other social events
- Benefits of working at WeWork in Manchester! Including free breakfast on Mondays, onsite barista and bar, and weekly social and networking events
If we sound like the kind of place you’d like to work, apply below or get in touch with Jodie, she's our Senior Talent Partner at Jodie.Haywood@arcticshores.com.