Are you someone with a real passion for technology?
Do you love solving problems using modern coding techniques?
Would you like to work with a talented, enthusiastic team using the best of technology to produce world class products?
If so, this is your chance to join Arctic Shores, a brilliant company changing the HR landscape, merging the worlds of psychometrics, AI and game technology by providing game-based psychometric assessments that help organisations make fair and objective hiring decisions.
In this role, you will form an integral part of the App Development Team, whilst working alongside developers and graphic artists to innovate and develop our assessments, as we expand from the from the products we’ve traditionally offered and push the boundaries into exciting new areas.
You will be joining a close-knit team, and will be working closely with the Head of Product Management, Server Team, Science Team, Data Scientists, and Co-Founders, to ensure the best customer experience for all Arctic Shores clients and candidates.
Typically, you will be involved in the following types of activities:
- Daily management/mentoring of the App Development team, and acting as the Scrum Master
- Hands-on high-level software development
- Liaising with Product Owners to manage expectation and ensure delivery of high-quality features and to make progress on the product roadmap
- Contributing to all parts of the app design process, from idea generation and specifications, to UX design, coding and testing
- Working with Candidate Support and QA to identify, assess and fix bugs
- Maintaining existing and defining new development standards / best practices and ensuring they are upheld
- Making both low level and high-level technology decisions for the good of the product and company
- Team performance appraisals and catch ups with the app team
- Multiple years of commercial programming experience in C#, good working knowledge of other programming languages and general programming concepts
- Scrum Master experience within an Agile Team
- Leading / mentoring and working collaboratively within a cross-disciplinary team
- A real passion for app development
- Experience shipping professional applications for iOS, Android, Mac and Windows using the Unity game development platform
- Experience in end-to-end interactive mobile app delivery
- Excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail
- Client focus, commercial awareness and the ability to deliver excellent results
- The ability to identify bottlenecks and bugs
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools and best practice software development lifecycle
- The ability to resolve complex problems in innovative ways
- Right to work in the UK
Nice to Have:
- Proficiency in Quality Assurance and automated testing
- An interest in Cognitive Psychology concepts
- Knowledge of Interaction Design
- A collaborative, supportive and fun work culture
- A unique, and disruptive product with an exciting tech stack
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- A workplace pension scheme
- Flexible working opportunities
- Hackathons where we hack collectively on a project
- One day per month as an "Own Day"; where we each get to work on a novel work related project of your choosing!
- Regular games night and other social events
- Benefits of working at WeWork in Manchester! Including free breakfast on Mondays, onsite barista and bar, and weekly social and networking events
If we sound like the kind of place you’d like to work, apply below or get in touch with Jodie, she's our Senior Talent Partner at Jodie.Haywood@arcticshores.com.