Who are we:
We're an innovative and fast-growing recruitment tech business; our solutions combine neuroscience, artificial intelligence and game technology to disrupt candidate selection in recruitment. Our company’s mission is to help employers make better people choices and help people make better career choices.
Since we launched our first assessment 6 years ago, over 2 million people from 40 countries have been through our platform, applying for 100+ organisations.
You’ll be joining a high-growth and creative business that is expected to increase in size over the next year. We have a highly engaged team who are passionate about what they do as well as the impact they can make, and we want you to be part of it!
Among other things in this role, you'll be:
● Working closely with the backend developers and product owners in planning & delivering new features
● Help ensuring high coding standards and promoting best practices
● Help mentoring and upskilling members of the team
● Performing code reviews
● Collaborating with designers and testers to ensure that the features are correctly understood and implemented
If this sounds like the kind of place you would want to be a part of, have a look at what we would expect from you:
● Previous experience using React or a similar framework (Angular 2+, Vue)
● Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
● The ability to work well with others in a collaborative and professional manner
● Very high attention to (visual) details
● A good understanding of API design and backend / cloud / database technologies
● Good CSS skills. Experience with building responsive layouts
● The ability to resolve complex problems in innovative and user-friendly ways
● The ability to identify bottlenecks and bugs
● The ability to collaboratively devise solutions to problems
● The right to work in the UK
While they are not expected, here are some skills that would be amazing to have:
● Experience in setting up new projects and new teams
● A good understanding of Agile Software Development
● Hands-on experience in building and expanding distributed, highly available, secure and scalable web applications.
● Experience in building mobile first web apps
● Experience in building progressive web apps
● Experience in leading small teams of developers
Still interested? Here is what we can offer you in return:
● The opportunity to join a team that’s as driven as they are supportive.
● A unique and disruptive product that is shaping the market and candidate experience.
● A voice in your team where you can be heard and have a direct influence on how we create our products.
● Competitive salary ranging from £60,000 - £70,000 depending on experience.
● Share options.
● 25 days annual leave + time off between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day + bank holidays + extra 1 day / year worked at Arctic Shores.
● Remote working and core working hours that allow flexibility when life happens
● An "Own Day" every month to work on a novel work-related project of your choosing!
● A benefits and rewards system.
● A training and continuing education budget.
● Private health insurance.
● A workplace pension scheme.
● Benefits of working from home or at our office space in Manchester that’s placed in a central location that’s easy to commute to, and on the days that suit you.
At Arctic Shores, giving people a fair chance is what we do, that's why we take equal opportunities seriously. We welcome people of any background, gender identification, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, ability-level, age, size, marital status, style or music taste!
We also believe that every candidate should have equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities so if you need any reasonable adjustments, at any stage of the hiring process, we’ll do our very best to help.