Who are we:
We're an innovative and fast-growing recruitment tech business; our solutions combine
neuroscience, artificial intelligence and game technology to disrupt candidate selection in recruitment. Our company’s mission is to help employers make better people choices and help people make better career choices.
Since we launched our first assessment 6 years ago, over 2 million people from 40 countries have been through our platform, applying for 100+ organisations.
You’ll be joining a high-growth and creative business that is expected to increase in size over the next year. We have a highly engaged team who are passionate about what they do as well as the impact they can make, and we want you to be part of it!
We're looking for a Software Tester to join our growing Engineering Team. You’ll be reporting to the Engineering Lead and working closely with the team to ensure product quality and report any defects found in our products. Day-to-day, you'll be working closely with other members of your team and with other teams across the business to deliver the highest quality product to our clients and candidates.
Among other things in this role, you'll be:
● Creating detailed test plans and executing them
● Manually testing test cases that can’t be automated
● Discovering or replicating errors and bugs
● Writing detailed bug reports
● Collaborating with the Product Owner to determine what needs to be tested to satisfy the acceptance criteria
● Collaborating with the team on understanding bug reports
● Conducting exploratory testing on our apps
● Use a variety of devices and emulators to ensure the consistency of our assessments
● Reporting on bugs, and understanding their wider business implications
● Conducting performance testing on our apps
● Providing feedback on product quality to the team
● Assessing user flow and general accessibility issues within our apps
If this sounds like the kind of place you would want to work at, have a look at what we would expect from you:
● Great written and verbal communication skills
● Some previous experience testing web apps is essential including the ability to inspect the HTML
● The ability to work well with others in a collaborative and professional manner
● An eye for detail
● Strong organisational skills
● The ability to collaboratively devise solutions to problems
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● The right to work in the UK
While they are not expected, here are some skills that would be amazing to have:
● Some previous experience testing interactive experiences/games or immersive websites is ideal (Flash/Flex, Silverlight, pure HTML 5 Canvas apps, Phaser etc.)
● An understanding of Agile Software Development
Still interested? Here is what we can offer you in return:
● A community-driven and fast-paced work culture, which you'll fit right into.
● A unique and disruptive product that is shaping the market and candidate experience.
● A voice in your team where you can be heard and have a direct influence on how we create our products.
● Competitive salary ranging from £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience.
● Core working hours that allow flexibility when life happens.
● One day per month as an "Own Day" where you get to work on a novel work-related project of your choosing!
● 28 days annual leave + bank holidays + extra 1 day / year worked at Arctic Shores.
● A benefits and rewards system.
● A training and continuing education budget.
● Private health insurance.
● A workplace pension scheme.
● Benefits of working from home or at our office space in Manchester that’s placed in a central location that’s easy to commute to, and on the days that suit you.
At Arctic Shores, giving people a fair chance is what we do, that's why we take equal opportunities seriously. We welcome people of any background, gender identification, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, ability-level, age, size, marital status, style or music taste!
If we sound like the kind of place you’d like to work, apply below or get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.