Server Development – Manchester
Are you someone with a real passion for technology?
Do you love solving problems using modern coding techniques?
Would you like to work with a talented, enthusiastic team using the best of technology to produce world class products?
If so, this is your chance to join Arctic Shores, a brilliant company changing the HR landscape, merging the worlds of psychometrics, AI and game technology by providing game-based psychometric assessments that help organisations make fair and objective hiring decisions.
We’re looking for software developers proficient in Python and Django to expand our team of full stack developers in Manchester. Candidates should be comfortable with writing high quality maintainable code, Linux system management, and database management and design, for scalable, high-availability web applications. You are a self-starter who takes pride in and ownership of your work. You’ll be joining our close-knit team and will be working on our existing business-critical web application, helping us scale and grow, and be designing and implementing new applications and products.
- Strong software development skills; you are proficient in writing pure Python code as well as working with the Django web framework
- A working knowledge of relational databases
- A focus on writing clean, reliable code, that is fit for purpose
- The ability to solve complex problems in innovative ways
- An eye for detail, the ability to identify bottlenecks and bugs, and collaboratively devise solutions to these problems
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Real passion for software development
- Right to work in the UK
Nice to Have:
- Linux system knowledge and experience managing Linux servers
- An understanding of Agile Software Development
- Knowledge of DevOps automation and scripting tools (e.g. Ansible)
- Experience with scientific Python libraries such as pandas, numpy, matplotlib and networkx
- Hands-on experience in building and expanding distributed, highly-available, secure, and scalable web applications and microservices
- Exposure to MongoDB and other NoSQL databases
- The ability to add meaningful contributions to code reviews
- A collaborative, supportive and fun work culture
- One day per month as an "Own Day"; where we each get to work on a novel work related project of your choosing!
- "Hackathons" where we hack collectively on a project
- Regular games night and other social events
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- A workplace pension scheme
- A childcare voucher scheme
- Flexible working
- Benefits of working at WeWork in Manchester! Including free breakfast on Mondays, onsite barista and bar, and weekly social and networking events
If we sound like the kind of place you’d like to work, apply below or get in touch with Jodie, she's our Talent Partner at Jodie.Haywood@arcticshores.com and quote M-PD-001.